Saturday, March 1, 2014

My Life in Song. Old, strange songs. That's How I Roll.

I like to think I have control over many aspects of my life, especially pertaining to my children.

I am wrong.

I like to think I can control my diabetes.

I am wrong.

I get asked to do crazy things by zombies who don't think they're being unreasonable.  Been to the doctor lately?  Talked to a CDE?  And I love my doctor.  Sometimes they can't see it.  It's not unreasonable -  "I mean, no one's going to eat your eyes". I often feel like Tom in this video.  "I sure appreciate your working with me..." but no compromise is actually going to be offered, nor is it ever intended.  Diabetes doesn't compromise. (Sometimes people don't either.  Even if they think they are.)




BUT.

"It's going to be the future soon.  I won't always be this way. When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away".



"And when my heart is breaking, I can close my eyes.  It's already here."

(Note - No relationship angst here.  I'm happily married to a code monkey and do not pine for high school crushes.)

And don't worry, I don't plan on building a robot army.

Probably.


No comments:

Post a Comment