Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Things I Know


THINGS I KNOW


1. Sometimes you get sick and you don't get better.

2. People that have always gotten better after getting sick do not fully understand this.

3. We live in a world where you have to depend on other people. You have to trust that the people that make your medicine, and your supplies, can get them to you. You have to trust that people around you will help if you have an emergency. You have to trust that machine you are attached to will work. Which means, You are absolutely, 100 percent incapable of "standing on your own 2 feet" all the time. This....sucks.

And it means....
This is crap. Ignore it.

If you’re reading this, you’re wasting your Tim

4. Your choices aren't everything. This is hard to accept. Your choices are important as hell. They are. Make them carefully and use them wisely. But sometimes other people's choices are important too and they affect your life greatly. Sometimes life just happens. Take responsibility, yes, but learn to accept what you can and cannot take responsibility for.


5. In an apocalypse, I used to think I'd be OK with dying first. Turns out, not so much. I would like as many people to survive as possible.

Hopefully not yet



6. You are not invincible. It will bother you when people act like they are invincible. You want them to lose their sense of invincibility, and yet you don't, because wouldn't it be nice to feel that?

7. Sickness doesn't care who you are. It is not vindictive, nor can it be coaxed into being forgiving. It just....IS. And it doesn't care if you're broke, if you're wealthy,  if you have to be somewhere, or if you are tired of dealing with it. Because it's not your pet. It's disease.


There are many many things I do not know. There are many many things I thought I knew that I no longer believe. It's part of being human. I will learn things, I will forget things, I will change my mind about things. We all will. But I will fight against some things. I will stand up when I have to.

Because there are some things that just always will be true, no matter what other people say or do. There are some things you cannot set aside with "agree to disagree".

 Spin some things however you want, but at the end of the day, it means "Saint Diego"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AIwaSD9Sco

(Bill Gates isn't trying to poison you and essential oils don't cure diabetes)


No comments:

Post a Comment