Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The D at night.

Dex woke me up last night saying I was high.  Which is not unusual, and what I want to know is, does anyone else go high sometime between midnight and two a.m. fairly consistently?  What is UP with that?

Anyway..I woke up.  I took care of it.  I went back to sleep.

Or so I thought.

Because when I woke up later to pee, I glanced at Dex just to make sure it was all good, and a 352 was staring me in the face.  What the chicken?

And as I thought about it, I was pretty sure I didn't actually dose when it woke me up.  I just went back to sleep, and dreamed about dosing.

Nice.

Back in high school, I used to hit snooze and then dream I was showering, getting dressed, all that jazz, and I was all ready for school, only to have the alarm go off again to show me I was still asleep and going to be late. I hated it, because in my brain I had already gone through the motions of doing my stupid hair, and now I had to do it again?  Blerg...I swear there was one day I "got ready" 4 times, but only the last one counted.  This was just like that.

Maybe Dex needs two high alarms, just like it has two low ones.  Yes, that's what the Dexcom needs....MORE BEEPING.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your high BG, but I have to admit that hearing about your dreamy morning routines made me chuckle!

    ReplyDelete