Tuesday, July 25, 2017

What if?

Ok peeps.  I have things on my mind.

I've been thinking a lot about my involvement in the Faustman trial.  In fact, I word vomited about it all over my friends today at lunch. Sorry about that, guys.  ("Oh am I talking too loud?  Sometimes I get over excited.")

And this is what I'm ruminating about -

WHAT IF IT WORKS?

What if she actually does it, and cures me?  Or if it doesn't completely cure me, what if she gets me any pancreatic function back?  A little, maybe even a lot?  And not just for me?  For all y'all? (Let's pretend I'm Southern for a sec.)

How do you say "Thank you" for something like that?

Hey, thanks for giving me my life back and curing my chronic disease - here's some flowers and a gift card to P.F. Changs.  Do they have that restaurant in Boston?  Hope so!  Thanks!  TTFN.

Maybe a goofy card? I don't know.

I was talking to my sister about this, and she has kidney disease, and is facing a transplant down the road.  And she had the same question - how do you thank somebody for a kidney?  (Hey, ever thought about donating a kidney, we hear it doesn't really hurt that bad...)

And...I don't know.  I don't know the answer to this.  It's still early days in the trial. no results are in.  I can't really speak to my experience.

BUT YOU GUYS.  WHAT IF IT WORKS?

Feel free to donate.  Thanks for donating last time.  Here's a Thank You Card.  Feel free to check all 3 boxes, because you are that awesome.

P.S. If you think of another fund raiser I can do, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment