Sunday, March 27, 2011

Please Tell Me Why

Fasting this morning was 132. Not the best, but I decided not to beat myself up over it. But I was in a hurry, so I had eggs for breakfast. Eggs. No milk, no toast, no fruit, just eggs. And so I had no insulin.

At lunch I was 154.

Why would eggs cause my sugars to rise? Things have been so wacky lately, blood sugar wise, I'm fairly confident the honeymoon is over. I will find out for sure on Apr. 21, when I go in for my last visit for the study, and a mixed meal tolerance test is done. I'm kind of sad about it, but hey, I couldn't honeymoon forever, I guess, and it has been over 2 years.

I really do want to know, though. Why was I higher at lunch? Also, I think my a1c is going to suck. I'm not looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment