Monday, March 28, 2011

I Don't Know HOW

I have decided I officially don't know how to be a diabetic who's not honeymooning.

(And no, I don't know that for a fact, but things have been all over the map, I'm not sick, it's the only explanation I can come up with, and I'm pretty sure the onglyza is doing nothing.)

Yesterday I had a low after I went walking, which I wasn't too surprised about, I walked longer than I planned to, and it was right after dinner, so my insulin was still very much in force.

So, I did what you do when you go low. I ate carbs. Came up nicely to 99.

An hour later I was 175, because apparently, you raise your blood sugar, and it just keeps going and going.

I'm tired of correcting - I'm worried I'm going to run out of needles before I can refill them. I guess I just have to learn to do this whole thing all over again - find the right combination of Lantus and the right ratio of Novolog/carbs. Fun times, my friends. Fuuuunnnnn tiiiiimmmessss....

No comments:

Post a Comment