Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I KNEW Mornings Were Evil

So if there's one thing I have learned in the first week with my precious, it's this....

Getting out of bed is bad for diabetes.




I was really excited to see what I did at night. Apparently, I hold steady. (yay!) But the second I wake up and get out of bed, the sugars start slowly climbing. The earlier I get up, the worse it is. And if I have to set the alarm for something especially early, forget it.

Stupid non-girly hormones, working to get me out of bed and spiking my sugars. At least I know my "fasting sugars" don't usually reflect where I've been all night.

Yesterday, I had lunch, and I swear to you, my sugars did not budge for about 4 hours from the minute I bolused. I started at 110 and didn't go above 116 (cured!). I took a nap - hey, don't judge, it was a rough emotional day. Getting up from that nap sent me climbing, and even through dinner and correction boluses, I never fully recovered from that climb.

Clearly the best option is to stay in bed all day.

I knew it.

No comments:

Post a Comment